Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, October 04, 2010

Big Girl Bed


Day 1, Nap & Bedtime: Madeline is officially in the big girl bed and her big girl room! I finished moving all her stuff into the room, and we no longer use any part of the nursery for her in hopes that she will soon realize that "the big girl room" is hers, all hers! Madeline napped in the bed, and she seemed excited to go to that very same bed at bedtime. We'll see how the transition goes...right now, she's wound up about sleeping the same room with so many toys, in a new room, and in a new bed, & we're a little anxious about a big change with a stubborn child who fights sleep like no other.

Day 2, Morning & Nap: Madeline slept in her bed last night, and she did really well. She didn't get out one time although it took her awhile to fall asleep. I am not complaining since we didn't have to go reprimand her one time for not staying in the bed. We heard her this morning, and she got out of the bed and read her books in her rocking chair. She stayed in her room until I went and got her. That's exactly what I wanted to happen this morning, so I'm happy things seem to be falling into place right now. It eases my mind, and maybe I was worrying over nothing. We'll see how it goes from here on out!

(Madeline looks super cute sleeping in that big bed, but I don't dare wake her up by snapping a picture.)

No comments: