Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

32 Weeks


It seems like I was just announcing this pregnancy, and now I'm on the homestretch to meeting this sweet baby girl! I'm feeling good, and I'm still my usual on-the-go self. I seem to be more uncomfortable this time around, and I always have an underlying nauseated feeling. It's a yucky feeling, but oh well. I'm carrying Baby Girl very low, super uncomfortable low, but all seems to be going well from my doctor's appointments this week.


I received a great report from the hematologist yesterday. My platelet count held steady at 103,000 (still low by "normal" standards) --- this is the first time the count hasn't dropped in this pregnancy. Dr. S was encouraged by this, and he says if all things remain the same, this number will not be an issue at delivery. Whew! I return to him in 4 weeks, and at that point, any decisions that need to be made regarding my bloodwork will be made then.


I had my 8 month checkup today, and things are moving along nicely. The doctor was very happy with my weight, blood pressure, etc. I gained 4 lbs. this month putting my total at 12 pounds which made the doctor smile a big smile! We had an ultrasound, and all looked to be developing properly which always makes me feel good. This baby is weighing in a little over 3 pounds right now, and that's perfectly within the normal range. I go back to the OB in two weeks which is so exciting because that means things are getting closer to delivery time!


On the homefront, we are slowly, but surely looking like a household with two little girls, and I couldn't be more thrilled. The nursery decor is a work in progress, but nursery is stocked and ready to go with all the necessities. Madeline seems more excited about her baby sister, and I know she doesn't fully "get it", but she kisses baby sister, talks about baby sister, and pats baby sister. She seems to hold no grudges about her old room being re-done for baby sister, so that puts my worrying mind to ease.


Eric and I are blessed beyond words, and we just continue to pray for eight more weeks of health & happiness.

No comments: