Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, June 28, 2010

16 Week Appointment

Today was my 4 month check-up, and all seems to be going well with the little peanut. My weight was back to where it started since I lost 5 pounds from the initial-yes-you-are-indeed-pregnant appointment to my 12 week appointment. Did I mention how horrible my nausea was? Anyways, the doctors were glad to see that I was back on track with my weight. Even though I haven't really gained significant weight yet, it still freaks me out to see that scale tip 5 lbs. in four and a half weeks. Yikes! My blood pressure was fine as was the baby's heartbeat (143, I think).

I go back at the end of July for my 5 month check-up and ultrasound. I'm so looking forward to seeing if we have a little boy or girl. I have my "gut" feeling regarding the gender of this baby, so I'll share if I was right or not in that pregnancy update.

Now that my nausea seems to have subsided for the most part, I'm feeling good. It's definitely a different kind of being pregnant the second time around since I have an almost two year old running around, and the hubby is traveling a good bit. I'm not sure the grocery store I use will be able to keep enough produce on hand for me ~ I buy lemons and limes by the the ginormous bagful to "spice up" my water. Nothing other than ice cold water with a lemon or lime squeeze tastes good to me although I have yet to give up my morning java. I'm so addicted to caffeine, but I have limited my cup size and the number of cups I drink. :) I crave juicy, cold fruits; fresh, crisp salads; and ice cold protein shakes. I know, I'm weird. I'm not sure if it's the pregnancy or the heat or both, but meat, sugary foods, and hot meals are just not yummy.

My working out has not been affected of course. Those of you that know me well know that it would take an awful lot to affect my gym time. I'm still running a few days per week, and most days I do this crazy stair master machine that I call "the stairs to nowhere". (It's like escalator stairs with different programs to vary the intensity.) I do cardio about an hour each day & lift weights for about an hour. It feels good to get the old bones moving even on those days that I just want to sit on the sofa with a big bowl of ice cold, juicy grapes and watch morning TV.

I'm starting to show although I'm not needing maternity clothes right now. However, I made my big tankini purchase last week after our beach trip. I felt like an official mom buying a practical suit from Lands End, but I feel much more comfortable at the pool. Not to mention, the suits are super cute and much more sturdy than my cheap suits from Target! And, they were 50% off! Now that I have a little bump, Eric will probably want to get out his measuring tape to record how big my belly gets. He thought that was so fun when I was pregnant with Madeline. I loved it, let me tell you. ;)

All in all, things are going well in this pregnancy, and I can't complain. I'm healthy, the peanut seems to be doing well, and I'm looking forward to meeting our newest babe in December.

No comments: