Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 05, 2010

Happy 34th Birthday to My Honey!

Today is Eric's birthday, and in honor of this day, I'd like to mention '34 random Eric tidbits':


1. Eric never drank coffee in the morning until he and I met. He always started his day with a Mountain Dew and a Pop Tart.

2. Eric owns and proudly wears silly screen print t-shirts such as "Welcome to the Gun Show" or "This is my Party Shirt". These are just two examples of the many, many he owns!

3. Eric was born to be a salesman! He can sell anything to anyone, and he often uses his "tactics" on me when trying to convince me that he's right.

4. It's impossible to be mad at Eric...he's just so darn lovable. Even when I'm fired up about something, he makes me laugh.

5. I'm pretty sure Eric has never burned a bridge in his life, and it's evident when he's out and about.

6. Eric really does live by the Golden rule, and it's amazing how things always seem to work out in his favor at some point down the road.

7. Eric is one of the most incredible Daddies I know.

8. Eric is always willing to change and grow in order to be a better person, husband, Daddy, and friend.

9. Eric's disorganization makes me crazy, but it seems to work for him.

10. Among our close group of friends, Eric is known as "Goldmember" or "Erock". ha ha!!

11. Most of Eric's jokes are terrible, but we still laugh at him for cracking such terrible jokes. Every now and again, he gets one right.

12. Eric introduced me to one of our closest friends, Brian & Jennifer St. John. Our friendship is like no other.

13. My family adores Eric for many reasons, but the women especially love him because they never have to worry if Eric will like what they cook. To quote my sister-in-law, "I never worry about Eric when it comes to trying a new dish or recipe. He eats anything!"

14. Eric is so tight with his money when it comes to spending it on himself, but he will gladly spend on others even if his running shoes are 7 years old!

15. Eric lived with a fraternity brother, Jason, in Charlotte when we first met, and if it weren't for Jason, Eric probably would've worn some heinous plaid shirt & acid washed jeans on our first date. Jason literally sent Eric back to his room to change before allowing him to leave to come pick me up. Between Jason and I, we were able to re-do Eric's wardrobe. (refer to #2)

16. Eric rarely misses a meal or a snack for that matter. Eating is high on his list of things to do each day.

17. Eric supports any and all endeavors, dreams, and goals that I set for myself, us, and our family.

18. Eric is a sucker for chocolate, yummy beers, & my homemade mac-n-cheese.

19. Eric loves my best friend, Steph, as much as he loves me.

20. Eric is one of the most unselfish people I know.

21. Eric loves his alma mater, NC State Wolfpack, but his blood pretty much runs orange for my Tigers especially since in-state tuition is much easier on the bank account.

22. Eric makes others laugh all the time --- he's just goofy.

23. Eric has an infinity amount of patience.

24. Eric is possibly the worst driver EVER! I think he thinks he is Dale Earnhardt. Whenever I ride with him, I see my life flash before my eyes at least 3 times, & I use the imaginary brake in my floorboard the entire ride!

25. Eric loves football, and the more people we have over watching it with us, the better.

26. Eric does not like to read. He'll listen to anything on talk radio or a book on CD.

27. Eric loves "gadgets"...technology, tools, hunting equipment, camping stuff, grilling equipment...In fact, he has been dubbed "the gadget guy" by my brother.

28. Eric is quite outdoorsy & sporty --- hiking, camping, mountain climbing, golfing, hunting, etc. --- how he ended up with a girly girl like me still makes me wonder.

29. Eric requires a lot of sunscreen in the summertime!

30. Eric can't wait until we turn 40 because I will be 40 for 6 months before he turns the big 40. He thinks that's hilarious for some reason!

31. Eric and his buddies summited Mt. Rainer in Seattle, Washington a few years back.

32. Eric can plan a trip, weekend getaway, vacation like no other! He's the best researcher when it comes to bed and breakfasts, hotels, things to do, etc. Not to mention, he knows all the "tricks" when it comes to traveling.

33. Eric indulges me and runs with me (or attends my marathons and half marathons) even though he really hates to run.

34. Eric is my best friend and the love of my life. I thank God everyday that he spotted me at the gym and had the courage to ask me out on a date.

No comments: