Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Some Madeline Funnies...

1. When Madeline is eating, it never fails that something falls to the floor. I always just do a quick clean-up post meal. Lately, Madeline has become obsessed with "the mess". She will yell out and continue to do so until I clean it up, "OH NO! What a mess!" all the while pointing to the floor. She cannot consume another bite until I get a paper towel to wipe it up.

2. As a follow up to the first Madeline-ism, if she notices the least tiny speck of anything on the floor, she will scream out, "OH NO! A mess!", pick it up, and insist we go to the trash can immediately. Or, if there is a spot of liquid on the floor (lately it's been her drool from teething molars), she grabs my hand, walks us to the paper towels in the kitchen, points to the paper towels, and is not satisfied until I've wiped up the spot of liquid.

3. Everyday about 9 or 9:30 AM, we head out for the gym, errands, etc., and it's as if her inner clock goes off because without fail, Madeline will head toward the garage, scream out, "Alright, bye bye!", and try to open the door to leave. Typically, she has something draped across her left arm acting as her purse. Anytime we leave the house, I have my purse draped over my left arm, and apparently, I say the words, "Alright. Let's go bye-bye."

4. At nap time and bedtime, when Madeline is ready for bed, she cries out, "Nigh Nigh." It's great how she just puts herself to bed these days.

5. When Madeline is hungry for lunch or dinner, she will walk me to the fridge, and repeat, "Hawt dogg. Hawt dogg." When she is ready for breakfast, she does something similar except she repeats, "Waufffle!" (It doesn't matter what she eats at her meals, but she associates waffles for breakfast & hot dogs with lunch and dinner.)

6. Madeline thinks anything round is a ball, so you can imagine how loudly she screams out, "BALL!" when we ride through the produce section of the grocery store. We get quite a few chuckles from passers by.

7. Madeline's daddy has a very visible mole on his arm, and she has always rubbed her little finger over it. Well, Eric has always said, "mole" when she'd rub her finger over it. So, now Madeline is very aware of moles. We were in the grocery line the other day, and the man behind us had a mole on his face. Yes, she screamed out, "MOLE!" I was so thankful that she did NOT accompany the yelling out of mole with a finger point. The cashier just looked bewildered, and thank goodness the man behind us didn't seem to notice Madeline yelling out that he had a mole on his face.

8. Madeline is always right near me when we are home. She can be playing, but she's always right there. As many of you moms out there know, this also can include when you go to the potty. So, even when I have to take a tinkle, Madeline is right there in the bathroom with me watching my every move like a hawk. Now, anytime we are in the bathroom (I could be emptying trash or putting towels away.), Madeline says, "Mama! Tee tee! Tee tee!"

No comments: