Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, December 22, 2008

We've Started

RICE CEREAL, that is. Yep, Madeline just seemed hungry all the time, and she was eating between 6 and 8 oz. of milk at a sitting every 2-3 hours during the day. I realize that she has to "store up" since she sleeps 10-12 hours at night, but I just felt like the poor girl was hungry during the day. And, who wants to be hungry all the time? Did I mention at dinner, she's eaten up to 14 oz. before!? So, I went ahead and started her on rice cereal for lunch and dinner. At first, she wasn't so sure about the whole idea, but once she caught on, she really seems to dig it. My first batch was too runny, so I think she might have been wondering why I was pouring lumpy liquid into her mouth with a spoon. Not to mention, she seemed famished at her normal 3 PM feeding time. My dinner batch was much thicker, and she seemed to really like it eagerly opening her mouth for the next bite. Let's hope this helps with fussiness, more regular naps, and the growling belly!

(I'll post the pictures later. My husband took our camara deer hunting this morning, and I can't seem to locate where he put it to upload the pictures from yesterday's big rice cereal event! So rice cereal pictures are coming soon...)

No comments: