Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008 - A first for us as a family of three, and we took no pictures! I've got to get better with my picture taking!

Thanksgiving was a whirlwind for us this year! We traveled to Eric's family near Winston Salem, NC to share in the festivities. It was Madeline's first road trip, and she did so well! We were all set to leave on Thanksgiving morning thinking we would miss most of the holiday traffic. Well, we certainly didn't miss most of the traffic as we arrived about an hour and a half later than we expected. Oh well...we arrived safe and sound with a happy baby!

We enjoyed our time together with Eric's extended family on Thanksgiving day eating lots of yummy food and spent the rest of the weekend spending time with Eric's mom and dad. They sure did enjoy their Madeline time--even getting up with her in the early 6 AM hour. It's safe to say I indeed got a break from being Mommy even though I was there.

Eric was able to go hunting with his older brother, and he shot his first deer! He was so excited that he could hardly stand it, and I will spare the blog of the pictures taken. His text message to me (from the woods) read, "Bambi is down! I got my first deer!"

The Thanksgiving weekend ended on a good note with Clemson beating the Gamecocks, and the Steelers making a winning comeback against the Patriots.

How can I not be thankful this year with all that I've been blessed with -- good family and friends, a healthy, happy baby girl, and an adorable husband who takes such good care of us?

No comments: