Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Madeline -- Four Months



I love the Bumbo seat!


Wow, has it been a month already? Our little girl is certainly growing and changing so much these days. I'd have to say the fourth month has brought us a few exciting things:

  • completely sleeping through the night (going to bed between 7-7:30 PM and not waking until at least 6:00 AM --lately it's been closer to 7 AM!)
  • lots of "talking", smiling, & giggling
  • swatting AND grabbing at hanging mobiles/toys/whatever is above her or near her
  • a MUCH increased appetite
  • arching of her back and turning sideways as if she wants to roll over (but she's yet to do it)
  • LOTS of drooling and chewing on things
  • sitting upright in her Bumbo seat for periods of time without her neck giving out
  • sitting in our lap and looking up at us -- yay for the neck strength -- I was getting worried because she really hasn't figured out to push with her arms during tummy time.
  • "standing" in our lap -- She LOVES to do this and gets mad when her legs give out.


  • LOVING the ladies at the gym that keep her -- She flashes them smiles and giggles with them the entire two hours she's there!

  • one incident of projectile vomit -- I'd always heard about the distance it can go, but never really thought much of it until Madeline showed me her abilities. Wow, is all I can say, and it was not a good start to my day.
  • she HATES to take a nap even though she's exhausted -- It's her New Year's resolution to nap more regularly! -- Really, I was just waiting on the go ahead for rice cereal to deal with daytime naps since I know her schedule will change a bit, and I only want to fight the nap battle once. I'm prepared for lots of angry crying....my social butterfly really doesn't want to miss a thing! To steal a quote from my friend Nancy, "I am a serious opponent." This is a battle I plan to pick, fight, and win. Mommy needs naptime just as much as Madeline.

Does my breath smell?

We went to Dr. Kapp for our 16 week appointment as well. She received a clean bill of health & developmentally hitting her "milestones". Poor Madeline did NOT like the shots -- she cried much louder and harder this time. Not that we laugh at our child while she's crying, but her reaction was so funny to us this time. She most certainly wanted us to know that she was MAD about her shots. Here are her stats:

  • head--41.5 cm (80 %tile)
  • weight--15 lbs. 9 oz. (95 %tile)
  • length--25 in (90 %tile)
She's our punkin', and we love her dearly!

No comments: