Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve 2010

52 minutes until the year 2011. I'm sitting here at the computer with the USC game on in the background, my 3 week old is snoozing in the swing, my husband is applying a coat of stain to a set of table and chairs for Madeline, and my precious two year old is sound asleep in her beloved big girl bed. While this holiday evening may sound "lame" to some, I am as happy as can be with where I am and where our family is.
What a difference one year makes. This time last year, Eric and I were scrambling to close on our beautiful new home, one that we consider to be our "forever home". This time last year, we were discussing & planning to try for a second child. This time last year, we were discussing the job opportunities that would cause Eric to be away from home a lot. Now we are making our "forever home" feel like home, we've made the best of Eric's traveling situation, and we have two beautiful daughters.
While some of the day to day happenings in 2010 were not the best, they all contributed to our growth as individuals and as a family. 2010 was good to us, and we have many blessings for which we are thankful. My only hope is that 2011 is just as good to us, and I look forward to what the year will bring to our family.

No comments: