Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, December 10, 2010

And, Baby Girl Makes Four



Today is officially our last day as a family of three. I'm experiencing a wide range of emotions this morning --- I'm excited, anxious, nervous, and even a touch sad. Don't get me wrong, I'm not sad in an unhappy way. I'm sad in a nostalgic way, I guess. I have loved every minute of our time together as a Mommy, Daddy, and Madeline trio. Yes, I have even loved those trying times when Madeline was acting out, and I was stressing out moments! We've doted, disciplined, vacationed, played, worked, and loved hard over the last two years. It's been a season of our lives that I wouldn't take back for one millisecond. We have our groove, and it's all about to change. Well, change makes me nervous regardless of how awesome the change is. I would consider bringing home Baby Sister a pretty awesome change!



We'll get our new groove as a family of four, and there is so much to look forward to with this new chapter in life. I'm most excited about watching Madeline find her niche in big sisterhood. I'm only a tad worried about her with sharing attention and not being the only child. She's quite a compassionate little thing, and I know she will slip into her new role beautifully once things settle down. Not to mention, Little Sister plans to butter up Big Sister with a new Fancy Nancy book upon their first meeting, and I think that just might do the trick. :) We've talked and talked about Baby Sister, so we'll see exactly how much of all that talking was processed in the little mind of a two year old.



I'm a little nervous about the whole delivery process even though I know what to expect this time. I just want a calm and healthy delivery with little to no pain. :) I'm not looking forward to all those post-partum issues --- puffy belly, swelling, soreness, and general tiredness. However, I know that's short term, and I'm looking forward to cuddling, swaddling, nursing, smelling, and taking care of a new baby.

I'll be back with an official introduction of Baby Girl Stewart...

No comments: