Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, December 17, 2010

Around Here

Life with Amelia has just settled in rather nicely. Eric and I realize that she is still in "newborn fog", so she is doing lots of sleeping and eating. However, we feel like things are just going perfectly. Amelia is nursing well, sleeping well, and going with the flow. I am finally starting to heal a bit, and my swelling was incredibly bad this time around. Between the steroids, the pitocin, the IV fluids, and the epidural, I have been a swollen HOT MESS. Eric has been able to detach from work a bit which has been so nice for us and for him. As he commented the other day when I was feeding Amelia & he was chilling with Madeline in his lap, "This right here is why I work so hard. This makes it all worth it." I couldn't agree more.

Madeline is adjusting just fine. She's had a couple of moments, and we can tell the "mine" factor has picked up a tad. She's testing a few rules to see if she can get away with anything, but unfortunately, the rules haven't changed, and Mommy and Daddy were onto those tricks! We've nipped a few things in the bud, so it's all good. Madeline definitely feels jealousy when I feed the baby, but overall, she's been super sweet and super curious about all things Amelia. Madeline's biggest jealous moment raged (I mean RAGED! A high pitched screech, "NO!") when Grandma (my mom) was holding Amelia. I guess Madeline can share Mommy and Daddy, but Baby Sister better back off HER Grandma! :)

The scene in our house the other day --- Madeline catching up on her Dora DVR and Amelia snoozing in the boppy pillow.
Madeline reading to Amelia --- Madeline requested to do this, and we happily obliged.
Another Daddy's girl
Amelia is doing lots of this:

No comments: