Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 09, 2010

I Am 35 Today...


Thirty five is supposed to be a milestone. I mean, it's half way to forty! Since when did I get to the age when I was closer to 40 than 30? However, I don't feel like I should be hitting a "milestone" birthday. As I sit here this morning thinking about my 35th birthday, I have gotten to the point in my life where I always wanted to be --- married to my best friend & true love and stay-at-home mom. It's funny how differently I got here than I ever imagined, but I'm giving all that credit to God for planning it out so perfectly. I have so much to be thankful for as I sit here this morning on my 35th birthday. So, in honor of my 35th birthday, I want to share 35 things for which I am so grateful with you in no specific order.

1. Being able to stay at home with Madeline. Watching her play, learn, & interact with others --- she never ceases to amaze me.
2. My gym membership --- It's my time to myself.
3. My patient, kind, loving husband --- I am sure I don't tell him enough how much I appreciate his hard work to support our family, his ability to make me laugh, his ability to care for our child in a Fun-Daddy way yet maintain that authority as "Daddy" , his laid back personality, and his unconditional love for me.
4. Coffee
5. All things girly --- shoes, clothes, makeup, dressing up, purses, jewelry --- unfortunately, I require many of these things to make myself look presentable to the world. :)
6. Madeline's love of books --- We love to read with her, and it's so adorable to watch her "read" to herself, her babies, or anyone that's listening. I am so happy that books rank among her most favorite things.
7. Blogs --- I love, love, love reading blogs, and of course, I really enjoy having my own. I've also been able to re-connect with college friends through blogs, and it's just awesome.
8. My comfy slippers even though they make me look like I am 85 instead of 35 --- I've always worn slippers from the time I could walk, and I wear them out like I wear out running shoes.
9. Having the luxury to sit on our cozy den furniture with my laptop and blog
10. Family vacations in the summertime
11. College & professional football season --- I am so fortunate that Eric and I can watch/talk football in the fall. He loves to watch it as much as I do, and he loves to entertain/tailgate around it as much as I do.
12. My family --- I scored in this department. My parents really are the best, and I especially appreciate my upbringing more and more each day as I strive to be the best parent I can be. And, my two older brothers and their wives? Well, it just doesn't get any better than that!
13. Family traditions --- Both ones we've started with our own little family and ones from our childhood that we have incorporated into ours.
14. Fruit --- the juicier the better
15. My monthly supper club with girlfriends from high school --- I am grateful for the time with these girls to laugh, talk, eat, and share our lives. It's such a great support system & a much needed night away.
16. Sushi and wine --- A yummy treat & date night with my husband
17. The ability to purchase Christmas presents for friends and family --- I enjoy the shopping, wrapping, and giving of the season, and I'm very fortunate to have the means to do so (on a budget of course!).
18. Being nine months pregnant --- I do realize how lucky I am to get pregnant, carry a baby to full term, work-out during my entire pregnancy, and generally go about my day to day life with little to no complications.
19. Our church --- the friends we have made through this church are amazing
20. My very best friends, Stephanie & Dana --- we've been friends since elementary school and no doubt I can always count on them
21. Ms. Kathy & Ms. Shannon --- These ladies work at the Gold's Gym Kids' Care and they love Madeline like their own child. I am so fortunate that Madeline wants to see them and doesn't hesitate to literally run to them when we get to the gym. I never have to feel guilty for putting time in at the gym.
22. Our next door neighbors --- Sasha and Ty are considerate, fun, and easy to be around.
23. My mom's homemade Christmas candies --- I love it when her candy factory strikes up at this time of year. It's just yummy.
24. Target --- Where would I be without this place?
25. Ms. Lisa & Ms. Kellie --- Madeline's preschool teachers. They too love Madeline like their own child, and the feeling is mutual. I can't thank them enough for making our preschool experience so wonderful.
26. Coupons
27. My hairdresser, Howard --- We short haired girls have a whole different beast to maintain. Not to mention, he does a pretty good job at covering all my gray without totally breaking the bank!
28. I be remiss to not mention that fact that we have plenty of food in the pantry, clothes on our backs, and a beautiful home to come home to everyday. We are lucky that these things are a constant in our lives while so many less fortunate than us have to worry about their next meal, their next place to live, or how to keep warm during these winter months.
29. The radio station that plays Christmas music 24/7.
30. Madeline's love for music, singing, & dancing around. Her songs, her silly dance moves make me smile and bite my cheeks.
31. Flowers --- I love my flower pots, day lilies, and hydrangeas in the spring & summer.
32. Our screened in porch
33. Oxy Clean Max stain spray
34. Our three walk-in attics --- Not only is the storage space amazing, it helps this OCD, organizing freak, Type A personality Mama keep stuff in it's place and out of the way.
35. My doctor setting up my induction for this weekend, so that we can meet our newest member of our family sooner rather than later.
I'm positive that I could sit here and have a neverending list of things I am thankful for in my life. I try to remind myself of all these things and more when I feel stressed, overwhelmed, or pity when life throws me a curveball. I'm a lucky gal, married to a wonderful man, raising a spunky two year old, about to give birth to a baby girl. Really, can life get any better?
Happy 35th birthday to me!

No comments: