Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

We're Here...

I have a few posts to update --- our trip to the beach (Madeline's FIRST!), my grocery game update (I'm saving money!), and upcoming Fourth of July festivities. However, our laptop with all the great pictures is a little under the weather along with everyone else in our household. Eric has a sinus infection of some sorts, Madeline is cutting at least 4 teeth right now, and I have the beginnings of some sort of head cold thing that I just don't have time to deal with at the moment.

Poor Madeline. She has her two front, top teeth, a canine, and a back tooth coming in all at once, and her teething symptoms are pretty awful right now. The amount of drool she is producing makes me feel like she might become dehydrated at any given moment, and her appetite is not good. The runny nose (thank goodness it's clear) is draining down her throat so badly when she sleeps she coughs off and on all night or through the nap. She coughed so much last night that she gagged and barfed at 4:30 AM -- thank goodness for the crib sheet saver thingy! However, she got into to it big time, so she required a bath and a hair washing. It was pretty stinky and nasty. Her diaper explosions are just out of control -- the night before I was doing laundry and bathing my sweet girl at 4:00 AM. Again, terribly stinky and nasty. Her diaper situation has cleared up but has left her with a raging diaper rash that takes her breath away & practically makes her levitate off the changing table when I wipe her. I think/hope this is all teething related because she has no temp (I took it the "official way" -- ick.), and when all these awful things are not happening, she's my happy, sweet girl drooling and gnawing away on her icy sticks and frozen washcloths in between pulling up on EVERYTHING. Certainly if she were "sick", her disposition would be completely off in some fashion. I hope.

So, we ARE here, and I hope to report that the household (laptop included) is feeling better and rested very soon! :)

No comments: