Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, July 06, 2009

Happy Fourth of July!

Our holiday weekend was a bit modified...we had plans to celebrate with my brother and his family, but Madeline & her immune system had other plans. She had a fever, fluid in her ears, runny nose coupled with a horrendous cough, nasty diapers, and a few other ailments. Even though we had to take a raincheck for my brother's invite and stay home, we had a lovely weekend together getting Madeline back on track! We did some things around the house that we would otherwise put off for another weekend -- washing the cars, cutting the grass, & watering plants. We played at the kitchen door A LOT & enjoyed some time on the deck to cure some cabin fever. Eric so kindly stayed home with Madeline on Sunday while I was able to go shopping ALL BY MYSELF. What a treat!


I am happy to report that all of Madeline's ailments seemed to have gone away as of Sunday except for this horrific cough. I wish she could just cough up a big loogie, & I know she'd feel so much better! Gross, I know! Slowly, but surely, she is getting her appetite back. In celebration of Madeline feeling much better, she sported her Fourth of July outfit on Monday since she was feeling up to being festive & getting out of the house.


No comments: