Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Ultimate Grocery Game Challenge

Our family is spending a week at Fripp Island with another family the first of August. In light of my new found thriftiness (with the help of the grocery game & southernsavers.com -- thanks Anne Wimberly!), I have been put to the challenge to purchase our groceries for the week at rock bottom prices! We got together with the other couple to "plan" our meals and grocery needs. Over the next 3 weeks, I plan to SAVE, SAVE, SAVE!

I typed up our list and keep it handy when the grocery ads come out. So far, I have purchased: three 12 packs of Coca cola products, 24 bottled waters, 2 packs of bacon, French's mustard, 2 bottles of Ken's dressing, Folgers coffee, 2 jars of pickles, Knorr vegetable soup mix, 2 bottles of Mr. Stubbs marinade, Muellers macaroni noodles, four pizza crusts, Reynolds foil, Dawn dish soap, Electrasol dishwasher tablets, two 80 count jars of Lysol wipes, laundry detergent, and trash bags. I paid $57 for all of this. I think that's a pretty good start. I'm especially proud of my Electrasol dishwasher tablets (box of 42) -- the original price was $6, and I paid ONE DOLLAR!

No comments: