Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

A BIG, SCARY Animal Has Gotten into Our House!!!!
Yesterday, Madeline and I got home from the gym & ate lunch as usual, and she took an afternoon nap. I'm sure I allowed the back door to slip open at some point in the day, but I'm sure that I just re-shut it tightly without thinking a thing about it.

Fast forward to the evening about 6:30 PM --- Eric gets home from his day (which was a horrible Monday complete with a flat tire and all), and I had just bathed Madeline. We were going to sit and visit for a bit before Madeline went to bed. We kept hearing this unusual noise, and it was in the house very close to where we were sitting! The noise was similar to what a cricket would make but much louder. Therefore, I equated loudness and size of the beast to go hand in hand --- louder = bigger. The noise was starting to freak us out a bit as it seemed to continue, so I exclaimed that SOMETHING had gotten into our house when I let the back door open. Of course, my wild imagination led me to believe that this wild something was going to eat us alive, so I panicked. My usually calm husband got the flashlight and determined that the wild beast was under our chair and a half in the living room. He then armed himself with his flip flop and hornet/wasp spray. (Seriously?!) Eric uses that foamy hornet/wasp spray to kill anything that could possibly run from him! Madeline and I proceed to perch ourselves on the kitchen table...I was ready to hit the deck and cover Madeline with my entire body! Eric was armed and dangerous with his flip flop and spray ready to kill or at the very least stunt the beast until...
We figured out that the large, wild, angry, beast was Madeline's toy key chain that seemed to have a short in it. The keys were making the chirping noise all on their own. (I washed all of Madeline's toys on Sunday afternoon, so I must've gotten water into this little toy and caused a short.)
Needless to say, we felt pretty silly about the whole episode, but it gave us a good laugh. I hope you are laughing too, and this isn't one of those "You had to be there." moments.

No comments: