Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, April 29, 2013

Arizona

Eric and I had the opportunity for a little just us getaway to Phoenix, Arizona.  It was a business mixed with pleasure for him and all pleasure & relaxation for me!  We had a wonderful time, and I always enjoy these spring trips with this particular group of dentists and oral surgeons.  Everyone is so nice, and I really enjoy the wives' company even if we only see each other one time a year.
 
Our dinner on Thursday evening was amazing, and after a few notes of business at the beginning, we were able to chat and catch up with everyone.
 
Dr. D giving a few introductory items of business.  He also happens to be the oral surgeon that took care of our sweet Amelia back in January.

 
On Friday evening, we had another group dinner, and it was also fantastic!  This cake was so yummy!  I needed to share it with someone.
 
On Friday and Saturday mornings, all the doctors were talking shop,
 
listening to an informative lecture (NO sarcasm - this guest speaker was great!),
 
and doing some hands-on dental implant stuff (yep, that's the official term!)
 
 
 
 
 
Meanwhile, on Friday and Saturday mornings, I explored the beautiful property while going on a morning run after going to the gym.





 
I spent a couple of hours having my feet and hands pampered.
 
In the afternoons, all the doctors had a chance to play and relax too!
Dr. C loving the Flow Rider

Dr. C, where are you?

Dr. H lost it on this surf.
 
On Saturday evening, Eric and I had a casual dinner out.  
 
Afterwards, we came back to the resort and had a few drinks.

 
When Eric and Brock (the Columbia rep) started up with pool, I left them to their man time and retired to the bed.
 
What a fantastic getaway from the day-to-day grind.  My parents kept the house and the girls with no troubles and had fun with their granddaughters.  Win-win for everyone!!

No comments: