Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Rookie Gardeners

I have been wanting to dabble in gardening for quite a few summers now, and this summer, I finally wrapped my brain around it and bought the stuff for it.  I had high hopes of "researching" what would do the best in our space, but time got away from me, and I decided to wing it this year.  I wanted to include Madeline in this project since she's not really napping in the afternoons, and I thought it would be a fun way to help her learn about vegetables, where they come from, and most importantly, tasting what we grow.
 
Madeline was really into helping me.  She enjoyed seeing what I had bought for our garden, learning how to dig a little hole, plant the plant, and admiring our work in the end.






 
My sidekick was distracted after the first couple of plants when these little fellas showed up.

 
However, when I brought the hose out to water, I managed to bring her back to the garden.




 
Our finished product (minus the fencing we have up now): 2 tomatoes, 4 green bell pepper, orange bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, sweet red pepper, zucchini, squash, and cucumber
 
The final product poses, and please take notice that my little helper is doing a curtsy or something hilarious in each photo.  She's a hoot.


 


 
Let's hope for a bumper crop!

No comments: