Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, April 19, 2013

What?!?!

It's no secret that my husband is a hunter, and we have guns in our home.  Eric and I decided it was time for me to take some lessons at the armory, so I can be less anxious around guns as well as learn how to shoot & handle them properly.  Prior to this lesson, I had never held a gun much less fired one.  To say I was a little nervous and unsure of myself would be an understatement.  However, my instructor was awesome.  He was very calming and extremely patient with my shaky, fumbling fingers.
 
Once I was given all the loading, unloading, gun safety, etc. practice and talk, I took my first few shots.  Wowzas!


 
My instructor brought my target to me at the end, and we talked about what I did (correctly & incorrectly) to make the different shots.  He and Eric were both really proud of me for going WAY out of my comfort zone to handle and shoot a gun.  Considering I am a total rookie, I managed to settle down by the end of the lesson and actually enjoy the target practice.  

 

 
Eric was a proud hubby this day.  Slowly, but surely, he's bringing me into his world of four wheelers, guns, and hunting.  And, he was right, it's fun to challenge yourself to try something new and out of your comfort zone.  It was a fun "date" for us, and I see target practice as a new date night for us in the future.

No comments: