Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Eight Months
Check out those wrist rolls and thighs! :)
Amelia's seventh month blew by us like a late afternoon summer thunderstorm. First, I have to report that her health is a little better and will hopefully continue to improve. The last antibiotic seemed to knock out her ear infections, and her reflux is somewhat better. The reflux becomes aggravated when she has any type of drainage down the back of her throat. Since she seems to be going through that runny-nose-teething-thing right now, her reflux is bothering her. She has this cough that makes her sound like she has smoked 2 packs a day for her entire life. The doctor has changed her reflux medicine completely, prescribed breathing treatments to help the wheezing cough, and kept her on the Zyrtec to help "dry her up". Hopefully, we are close to clearing up this vicious cycle. Still no teeth.


Amelia's little personality is certainly spunky and despite feeling crummy 85% of her waketime, she's pretty happy. She's extremely aggressive when it comes to reaching out and grabbing for things whether she's being held, sitting on the floor, playing in her bed (time to lower the mattress a notch before she crashes the mobile on her head!), or laying on her playmat. Once she figures out how to get her caboose moving with her front end, she will never look back, I'm afraid. This girl wants to crawl, but just hasn't figured it out yet. She also really wants to sit up on her own, and she's almost there. Her obliques should be super toned under her chub because she lives in this pose:
Amelia loves to eat and it shows! At a recent doctor's appointment, she weighed 20 pounds 3 ounces. My girl has rolls on her rolls! This girl can mow down some food, and she's not super picky. I've been buying many of the combinations now that she's been exposed to any and everything. She seems to really like them all. A few of her favorites recently are: any sweet potato combination; anything with corn or blueberries; banana/brown rice; broccoli/mango/pear; purple carrot/blueberry/pear; and banana/pumpkin. Something I've done differently with Amelia is purchasing some of the organic baby foods because a) I like the convenient pouch packages since we are on the go a lot, and b) they taste like I made them in my blender myself (yes, I sample them before I feed them to her for my own curiosity). I'm not super earthy and organic-like, but I do think the baby food tastes better and has more variety especially since green beans and peas literally make her gag. I just don't have my act together to make my own baby food, so this is a good option for me. I do wonder if it will make Amelia's palate different than Madeline's as she starts to eat table food.

Amelia's sleep is still pretty good -- about 11-12 hours at night and a long afternoon nap. She will take a pretty decent nap in the morning depending on our schedule. Usually she catnaps in the car to and from our errands and gym. She's beginning to recognize the ladies at the gym, and when they say her name, she is all smiles for them. I'm so lucky that my girls love the gym nursery as much as I love the gym. Ms. Kathy fondly calls Amelia "Millie Claire!" Amelia and Ms. Kathy are pretty tight already. It's very sweet. I'm thankful that the ladies understand Amelia's health issues that make her cranky, and they do their best to give me my gym time!

Amelia's first year is whizzing by, and we love her more and more each day.

No comments: