Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Potty Training, part II

Well, after being couped up all weekend and being very potty centered, I felt like Madeline grasped the concept, but needed a little boost. So, the incentive chart came to be:
Checks for using the potty and a Ring Pop as a reward! While we are not big into candy treats as a reward, Madeline really digs lollipops and jewels, so the Ring Pop is a perfect prize for her. We hung around on Monday earning checks left and right, but not quite enough for the ultimate treat! I also ditched the potty bell in order to promote some independence on her part. It seemed to work well for us. She'd ask me to sit on the potty, or I would have her sit if it had been awhile. On Tuesday, we ventured out for the first time in four days, and this Mama was a nervous wreck on the inside. However, I portrayed ultimate confidence in my trainee! But, I was prepared with our travel potty, numerous new undies, and an extra outfit for our morning out. Oh, and I even lined her car seat with an ultimate crib sheet. (I loathe taking apart a car seat to clean it of bodily fluids!) She spent a portion of the day with her babysitter, and this little turkey used the potty all day long! She even took care of BOTH items of business for Ms. Shannon, if you catch my drift.

Needless to say, today we headed out to the gym as normal, and Madeline did really well. NO accidents. She was very proud of herself for getting her final check mark!





I am by no means under the impression that we are accident free, but I am certainly hopeful that things are pretty well under control to go about our normal daily activities. I am loving it, and Madeline loves to pull her dress up and show everyone her undies. Now we must work on the finer points of wearing undies, like not showing them to everyone we encounter! :)

No comments: