Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Costa Rica

I had the most wonderful opportunity for a little getaway with my friend of 25 years! Yes, we have been friends since we were 10! How crazy is that?! My friend, Steph, was invited to go on a trip with her company to Costa Rica as a headquarters guest. Apparently, she is some sort of rockstar within her company, and it was really interesting for me to see the "Business Steph". She was allowed to bring a guest on this trip, and since she is not married, she thought of me! Although we only live 30 minutes away from each other, we are not able to get together very often, so she thought it would be the perfect way for us to get in some good girl time.

I must give my husband huge props for making this all come together for us -- the trip was from Monday, May 20-Thursday, June 2. My sweet husband took Monday and Tuesday off to hold down the fort, and on Wednesday and Thursday, he worked from home, managed the girls, and used my parents' help to give him some peace and quiet to work in his office.

Not only is Steph a rockstar within her company, but her crazy busy travel schedule put her into the "fancy" status in Delta airlines. We were upgraded to first class on the way to AND from Costa Rica. It was awesome, and we were giddy about our first class seats. Well, I was giddy about our first class seats. Steph gets upgraded quite a bit, so I think she was highly amused at my antics!

The flight was fun. We chatted, had a couple of celebratory beverages, ate snacks, and laughed at the fact that we brought all kinds of reading material that never got read! The obligatory snapshot of our destination from the air!

Our resort was really nice, and like most resorts, the staff was super accommodating to make sure our stay was relaxing and pleasurable. Our room always had nice touches after the cleaning service visited.

Steph and I did not have an ambitious agenda for our trip. She works hard and wanted to relax, and I most certainly wanted to enjoy some girl time and adult conversation. We went to the gym in the mornings, had leisurely days by the pool and the beach, and had lovely dinners with her work people.

Costa Rica was beautiful, and it was a wonderful opportunity for two old friends to catch up!

1 comment:

Christy said...

I need to find a friend like Steph. None of my friends have access to first class seats and stuff. :) Glad you had a great time!