Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 22, 2010

More Pink!

I went to my 5 month appointment, and we received the news that Madeline is going to have a little SISTER! We were so sure that this baby was a boy, but we couldn't be more thrilled about adding another precious little girl to our family.

The appointment went well. Not only did the ultrasound reveal the gender of this baby, but most importantly, the ultrasound showed that this baby is growing well & properly. Maybe I don't remember from the first time or maybe because I am "high risk" this time, but I feel like I had lots of 'inspections' during this ultrasound. The ultrasound girl looked at lots of things, and everything seemed to be on track with Baby Girl. I know that things are fine because I am doing what I need to be doing, but I always breathe a sigh of relief after the monthly check-ups assure me that things are indeed going well.

The doctor, of course, made some sort of snide remark about my "whopping one pound" (yes, he said those exact words to me!) that I gained from last month to this month until he realized that my last pregnancy was similar, and I delivered a healthy, seven pound baby. Other than that, my blood pressure, blood work, and measurements seemed fine.


Meanwhile, over the next few weeks, I may have to cut back on my fruit intake since I have to take the glucola test at the six month visit. Don't want my sugar screening to be too high and be required to do the three hour glucola test again. Otherwise, I am looking forward to moving this pregnancy right along and meeting Baby Girl Stewart in December.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

YEAH!! Congratulations, Anne! They will be the best of friends! When are you and M coming to see me :)

Courtney said...

Congratulations!!! I happen to like two of "the same" - they play together so well and will always be the best of friends. Siblings are a joy, if not just a little bit more work. Which reminds me - I'm so glad you liked my recent posts and that I'm not the only one driven to tears over backseat screaming :) Take care!!

Anonymous said...

congratulations on your sweet baby GIRL. it will be so much fun to have them so close together!

please do excercise caution when it comes to excercise and weight gain with your precious gift. you are certainly aware of how many ladies would give Anything to be in your shoes. listen to your doctor. you have the rest of your life to be a super model, but this is the only chance you will ever have to grow this perfect, healthy baby girl.

best to you and your family.