Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Good Mama

Madeline and I were sharing a post dinner "treat" on the screened in porch this evening. It was just a Luigi Italian Ice, but Madeline refers to these types of things as a treat since she doesn't get them all the time. I was holding the cup and spoon alternating bites for each of us. One for her, one for me, one for her...you know the drill. Apparently, my words and actions are rubbing off on her because she blurted out with two funnies. After I gave her a bite of the "treat" (it was her turn to have a bite), she rubbed my shoulder so sweetly, and said, "Good Mama! You share." I cracked up.
Not long after she told me I was a good mama for sharing, she looked at me, and said, "You like it Mama?" I replied that yes, I was enjoying the treat. Then I told her she could have the last bite. She smiled, looked at me ever-so-seriously, and exclaimed, "We need more treat! She (meaning I) like it. Mama like it. More treat to share!"
How could I resist that offer to share more treat? So, we splurged & had another one!

No comments: