Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thrifty?

Let me start by saying that I am not known for being tight with money. I never have been, and I should be considering I come from one of the thriftiest Moms in the world. My mom can shop a sale with the best of them! And, my dear, sweet husband is pretty tight with money. How he ended up with me and my frivolousness is beyond me! Is it possible for this once very frivolous shopper to become thrifty? Well, I am certainly going to try to step up to the challenge, and it really is going to be a challenge.

Since becoming a stay at home mom, I've really tried to be good with money. I even gave up getting my french manicure every two weeks! Seriously, I started to shop the grocery sales, clip coupons, plan meals, plan grocery trips in an effort to only buy what was needed, and generally make an effort to save money in all the stores I shop. I've done well for the most part...well, for me! :) However, I feel like I could be doing more when I read on others' blogs about getting $46 worth of groceries for about a dollar!!! I've read on many blogs about The Grocery Game. I've signed up for a trial month, am receiving the Sunday paper for the coupons (plus, I just really love reading the newspaper!!), and am stoked up to SAVE MONEY! (And, for those of you who know Eric--Yes, he did do the math to account for the cost of joining the game and receiving the Sunday paper. He decided it was still a great money saver even though we do incur those costs.)

We'll see how it goes, and hopefully, I too can report that I got 50 bucks worth of groceries for practically nothing! Now, that would make my ever so thrifty Mom and husband very proud! If only this could be applied to my favorite clothing and shoe stores! Hmmm...one can dream, huh?

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I am definitely signing up for the Grocery Game! We have another vacation in June so I am going to do my trial month is July. I am really excited about the prospect of saving money! Good luck and I can't wait to hear about your success!