Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

First of Many

Well, Miss Madeline has her first official tooth!! She's been having all the symptoms of teething since she was about 3 months old, and now a little snag has finally broken the surface on the bottom. Being the inexperienced Mama that I am, I had no idea that one day Madeline would wake up, and there it is!

This past Monday was a HORRIFIC day in Mama-Land here at the Stewart household. I even went to the doctor on Monday afternoon to make sure she didn't have an ear infection or anything like that. (I'm sure the doctor was wondering what in the world I was thinking as her little gums were throbbing, but she never cries like that.) So once all other things were ruled out, I knew that the tooth was about to break the surface. Poor Madeline, she was not a happy camper regardless of what I did to console her. Absolutely nothing helped (but now I know all about Motrin, my new best friend!). She wore her little self out by 6:30 PM and slept like a rock until Tuesday morning. At least she has a little chicklet to show for her miserable day on Monday.

***I have yet to be able to capture this momentous event on camera as she covers it with her tongue every time I go near it, so a picture to share is hopefully on the way...

No comments: