Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Slack...

Yep, that's me. I've let my blogging slip a little bit. I had Madeline's updates started and mostly completed on March 17th, but I've just gotten around to putting the final touches on them so they would be "post worthy".

What's been going on with us over the last few weeks?
  • Madeline has been sick with a cold on and off --- runny nose (I thought it was teething at first, but it turned a lovely shade of green.) & a horrible cough, so needless to say, we've had some sleepless nights over the last couple of weeks.
  • We've been doing lots of spring chores around the house --- raking leaves (although you wouldn't know it to look at our yard as the leaves seem to be neverending), cleaning out closets, lowering the baby girl's crib one notch, washing cars, and other random yard chores.
  • On St. Patrick's Day weekend, Eric and I braved the chill and rain to go to 5 Points downtown to enjoy the Irish festivities and visit with many of our friends. Oh, how times have changed when we stand around with friends enjoying a couple of adult beverages discussing babysitters, diapers, naptimes, and how annoyingly loud the music is. Madeline stayed with my mom and dad for the weekend, so Eric and I had an entire baby-free weekend. It was wonderful, and of course, I had the best intentions of snapping some date night pictures on Friday night & St. Patty's Day pictures, but my camera never made it out of my purse the entire weekend! Boo hiss....
  • While at my mom's house, Madeline enjoyed some quality time with her cousin Drew. (My brother and his wife also took my parents up on the offer to keep the grandkids for the whole weekend.) He's almost 6 years old, and he can really entertain Madeline! No one gets her belly laughing like her cousin Drew. It's so cute!
  • Eric has been working A LOT, and he's had quite a few dinner programs to attend in the evenings. So we have been in survival mode so to speak the last couple of weeks.
  • We are going to have a visit from Nana and Papa (Eric's parents) this upcoming weekend, so Eric and I can go to the Camden Cup (horse races). Hopefully, the weather will cooperate, and we can enjoy a nice spring day outside with friends and horses while Nana and Papa get some quality time with Madeline!
  • I've been trying some new recipes to change up our dinners. Some have been great while many have been not-so-great...one dish elicited this comment from Eric, "It looks like school cafeteria beef-a-roni." Hmm, I'm not sure that is a compliment, but it gave me a good chuckle. Let's just say I've put more "X" marks by recipes in the book rather than stars.

So after re-reading this post, maybe I haven't been slack just BORING with nothing terribly noteworthy happening.

No comments: