Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Madeline is 5 Months Old!



Wow, over the last month, Madeline has really changed. She's "talking" a lot more, can hold her head/neck really steady, eats a huge bowl of rice cereal for lunch and dinner, doesn't hate tummy time quite as much, has a new found love of grabbing her feet, and has started taking big girl naps. She's doing really well with her new routine. It's only been 2 weeks since I started the new "lunch, play, naptime in the crib" routine, and she's starting to realize that's her normal day. She LOVES her playmat and swing. I would have to say those are her favorite "stations", but the exersaucer is becoming a new favorite. She's not quite there physically or cognitively to do all the things the exersaucer has to offer, but that's okay. She still enjoys being in it for a short period of time. Madeline has really started to explore the world around her -- she grabs any and everything that she can get those little chubby hands on, and whatever she grabs goes straight to her mouth first. Generally, she is just one HAPPY baby -- as you can see from the pictures.


Madeline can sit really well when she's propped up, and she's not quite rolling over yet. She wants to roll, but she's just not there yet. Okay by me, I don't have to worry about her when I slip out of the room for a quick second. (I don't leave her alone very long nor do I leave her on elevated surfaces anymore just in case she decides to roll over.) She really enjoys having books read to her. I realize that she doesn't understand the book, but she loves to hear the inflection in your voice, and she studies the pictures intently. Her Nana Stewart and Grandpa McCarthy are both avid readers, so she must take after them. (That's a good thing!! Her daddy doesn't like to read at all.) Her little personality is coming out more and more...she's a very happy-go-lucky baby. Her crankiness really only comes out when she's hungry or tired. She really loves her daddy, and who wouldn't? He is FUN-DADDY -- he makes her laugh out loud the most with all his silly songs, faces, and dances.
The ladies at the gym still adore Madeline, and I would have to say the feeling is very mutual. When I pass her off to Ms. Kelly or Ms. Mac, she kicks her legs wildly. Madeline is starting to outgrow a lot of her clothes. She can wear some 3-6 month clothes, and mostly she wears 6 month clothes. She looks really cute in her dresses, jeans, and sweaters now that she's not so slouchy and newborn-like. I'm doing my best to make her a girly girl. I've got a pack of bows ready and waiting for her hair to get just a little bit longer. Of course, I've already tried them out on her, and she does look cute with a little bow in her hair. I look forward to waking up each morning to take care of Madeline as she seems to do a new "trick" everyday, and I feel so LUCKY to be able to witness it all!

No comments: