Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 05, 2009

Big Girl Nap

Madeline is taking her first big girl nap, and by that I mean in her crib NOT in her swing! Yay, this is a big accomplishment in the Stewart household!

Today started our new revised scheduling for Miss Madeline...new year brings on a new routine. I gave her breakfast bottle and mid-morning bottle as normal, and then I hit the gym early (I had to refrain from getting sucked into house chores this morning! I do my most productive work in the morning!) so that I would be home by noon-ish to feed her lunch. She eats a fat bowl of rice cereal for lunch now. We then read a few stories, played a bit, and took a pre-nap bottle about 1:15. She, of course, got extremely dozy because this is the first time today that she's slept since getting up this morning. I put her into her crib, and now I'm documenting the first of many big girl naps! I'm hoping this new routine settles in rather quickly and without many bumps along the way. I'm looking forward to having some afternoon time to do the things around the house that I'd like to get done, and I'm looking forward to having a well-rested little girl on my hands.

She's on a roll already for living up to her New Year's resolution to nap at least one decent chunk of time during the day!

No comments: