Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Just thinking...

***I heard through the grapevine that my high school calculus teacher, Mr. Oberly, passed away last night. I'm so sad. He was truly a teaching genius -- he could make CALCULUS fun!!! He gave every student a nickname & picked on some of us more than others, and all the while, we learned how to take integrals! I'll never forget the first time I made a B on a chapter test (I never "got it" even though he was a phenomenal teacher, but I usually made C's and D's.), and he announced my grade to the class. He and the class gave me a standing ovation! That test hung on our fridge for the rest of the school year!

***I absolutely love my Shark cordless sweeper. It makes for crumbless tile and hardwoods quick!

***Eric and I were talking the other night about how run down we both feel these days. We have been going non-stop since Thanksgiving. We've traveled, had overnight guests, finagled schedules, arranged sitters, and seemed to be on the go 24/7. We are looking forward to the next couple of months of JUST US -- a family of three. We don't need a break from each other or Madeline, but we need a break from the constant go-go-go. We have no special plans except to do what we want, when we want, and how we want. The three of us need it, and we owe it to ourselves to just enjoy each other without a "to-do" list looming over our heads.

***I'm excited for my mom who leaves for yet another one of her trips. She has a wonderful group of lady friends with whom she travels. They've been all over -- New Zealand, Thailand, Greece, just to name a few. She leaves for Peru/Ecuador/Galapagos Islands on Saturday for this 3 week excursion. I do worry about her traveling the way she does with all the disgruntled people out there in the world, but I know she'll have fun and have many adventures to share with us.

***I need a gym routine change. I love going to the gym. It's an integral part of my day, but I need something new to jazz up the workouts. Perhaps running instead of the elliptical or a few new weight work-outs...I need to keep thinking on that one.

***I went to a new hairdresser last Thursday. I like him, and I think he did a great job on my hair. (He did much better than the first lady I went to in December.) I think I may have found my new hairdresser. No one can replace Arlene, but he's pretty good.

***I'm getting together with my two longtime friends, Steph and Dana, next Tuesday evening. We've been friends since elementary school. When we get together it's like we've never left each other.

No comments: