Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Gold's GymReady to Get Back into Shape





Well, as I posted last week how well things were going with the new little one [and, Nancy, I still am waiting for that other shoe to drop!! :-)], I wondered how our schedule would be now that I can officially go back to the gym. I say officially because I think technically I was supposed to wait to get clearance from the doctor after my 6 week check-up, but I've never been one to get permission when it comes to my work-outs! So on Wednesday, October 1st, I had my 6 week post delivery check-up, and I received a clean bill of health, and most importantly, Madeline is officially old enough to stay in the Gold's Gym kids care. Now I am ready to get back into pre-baby shape and head to the gym each morning with my little one in tow. I was a little nervous for this for two reasons--


1. After all, leaving my precious cargo with those very nice ladies in the gym kids care is a little unnerving for me. However, they are the sweetest ladies, and they love on Madeline. They cuddle with her, and each time I go in there to pick her up, they tell me how sweet she is and how much they want to take her home with them. YAY! And, when I walk into the room, the same girl always announces, "Yes, my favorite baby is here!" What more could I ask for?


2. How is this going to affect the feeding/sleeping/breastfeeding schedule I worked so hard to establish? How can I get my 2 full hours at the gym and not have to worry about a hungry, screaming, cranky infant in the kids care? Babywise made no mention of this sort of scheduling procedure!! :) And, gasp, what if she's so upset that one of the ladies has to come find me in the gym, and I have to end my work-out early? (I know, super selfish!) So far, I've been able to give Madeline a 9 AM bottle (that way I KNOW she is getting a full meal), pump, and get to the gym by 10 AM! Perfect......so far......


Selfishly, I am a much happier mommy and wife when I get to go to the gym everyday, so this has been weighing heavily on my mind since Madeline was brought home. It's just my thing that lets me relax and recharge.


The last 2 weeks have been successful--I'm getting my full 2 hour work-out, and Madeline is happy as a clam in the kids care. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this little change to the "schedule" will continue as they have been. Can things really go this smoothly so quickly and permanently? A girl can hope, right? Maybe just maybe, I can sign up for a spring marathon and begin my training in January 2009 after all, but that's another post for another day.

No comments: