Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, October 03, 2008

Have we reached a new milestone?

It is 6:45 AM, and I have only been awake for an hour and forty five minutes!! Yes, that's right, I fed Madeline at midnight, and she didn't wake until 5 AM!

When I heard her "I'm hungry!" whimper-cry over the monitor, I rolled over to check the clock as usual and was stunned that it read 5:01! What???!!! Can this be real?? Surely, I am mistaken. I rubbed my eyes and again looked at the clock. Yes, I saw it correctly. Did I sleep through the 3 AM feeding? Nope not at all! What a glorious feeling to get 4-5 hours of UNINTERRUPTED sleep!!! Meanwhile the "I'm hungry" whimper-cry has turned into the full on "Hello, I'm starving up here! Come feed me!" yell-cry. I jumped out of bed and skipped to her room ready to greet her with a smile on my face feeling refreshed!!

What a week, two successful days at the gym nursery (a post to come on that later with pictures that scream "I am a first time mom!") AND not waking at 3:30 AM to eat!

My new prayer at bedtime: Please, Lord, do not let these 2 major events be a coincidence. Please let them be real and permanent! Amen.

1 comment:

Les said...

Yay Anne! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :)