Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 18, 2008



This post comes a day late, but nevertheless, it still baffles me that we've had this precious baby girl in our house exactly one month! Where has the time gone? Madeline has brought us laughs, frustrations (nighttime sleeping!!! AARRRGGGHHH!!!), and love each and every day! She has changed so much since we've had her home. She is so much more alert during her waketimes, can lift her head briefly when lying on a flat surface, focus on an object or face, and respond to noises and voices. Sometimes she cracks a smile, and Eric and I like to think she's smiling at us, but it's probably gas! That's okay because soon enough she'll be smiling and cooing at us for real!


We are still working on her nighttime sleep schedule. Unlike the daytime, she is extremely unpredictable at night. Sometimes, she'll wake every 3 hours (like the daytime), and sometimes she'll wake every hour and a half. Or sometimes she'll sleep longer than 3 hours. It's a little frustrating especially since her days are so predictable. I wonder if we are pushing to drop that 2-3 AM feeding too quickly, and she's just not ready to do it. (Any experienced mom advice on nighttime sleeping is welcome!) As I have mentioned before, she also doesn't like to be in her bassinet in her room by herself when it's time to sleep, so we have to let her cry herself to sleep (when nothing else is wrong, of course), and Eric and I certainly find those minutes of crying to be frustrating.


Madeline has completed our household and fits right into our lives just like a missing puzzle piece. Eric and I had no idea how much we would adore this little girl (even during those late night frustrating times)! We cherish every moment with her as we continue to grow together as a family.




2 comments:

Nancy said...

So cute! These types of pictures are ones I wish I had done with the boys but am definitely going to do with this next one!!

Anne said...

I stole this idea from a blog on your links list that I read! I thought it was such a cute idea! I am loving this addictive blogging world!!