Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Not Your Traditional Date Night

My husband spends many of his fall and early winter evenings & EARLY mornings in the woods.  He's been wanting to get me in the deer stand for awhile now.  We finally had an afternoon/evening that my parents could babysit, and he could be away from work in the afternoon, so we donned our camo gear, headed to his hunt club, and sat in the woods.  I even wore a deer call around my neck!  Madeline would be so proud that even while hunting, Mommy had on a "necklace". 
 

It was INCREDIBLY quiet, but I enjoyed myself.  I very much enjoyed the quiet.  I can certainly understand why the peacefulness is appealing to Eric after a hectic workday.  We didn't see any deer, but that's okay, I got a little taste of my honey's world.  And, we had a little date night even if we had to text each other in order to "talk" - that is until it started getting dark, and I had to cut my phone off.  :)  Eric said I followed all the "rules", so I suppose that means he'll invite me back to his little slice of peace and quiet.

No comments: