Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, October 12, 2012

Madeline Grace

I adore this child.  Just look at her!
My first born - a rule follower, a girly girl through and through, a book lover, a kindhearted friend, a respectful student, a chatterbox, a Daddy's girl, a dancer and singer, an all around sweet-natured, sensitive child
Since Madeline has started her four year old preK class, I feel like she has grown by leaps and bounds not only academically but socially.  Madeline is soaking everything up during her school day, and she is obviously responding quite well to her teachers' teaching style.  She never ceases to amaze me with her random facts that come out of her mouth.  And, the questions!  Although they are non-stop, are really thoughtful and at times, complicated to answer.  Madeline has branched out this year socially.  Last year, she and her best little buddy, Aubrey, were attached at the hip almost to the point of being exclusive of others.  This year, she has branched out socially playing with others on the playground and picking centers based on her interest not because Aubrey chose that particular center.  Four K is clearly working for her, and I love that school is such a happy place for her.  I hope her zest for school remains with her always.

Madeline's "little Mama"personality is a blessing and a curse.  She adores her little sister, watches out for her, tattles on her, and enjoys playing with her.  Unfortunately, Madeline can hover too much and really get under Amelia's skin.  It's annoying for me to witness her hovering tendencies, so I can only imagine how irritated Amelia must feel at times.  They have really started to play so well together, and while Madeline is the one creating the imaginary scene, Amelia has started to catch onto Madeline's antics.  Much to Madeline's liking, Amelia usually goes along with whatever Madeline wants her to do.  The giggles and squeals that erupt from them during happy sibling play is absolutely precious.  It stops me in my tracks, and I just enjoy the moment.
Madeline's ferocious four behaviors have calmed down tremendously, and I'm so thankful she responded well to our stern "nip it in the bud" discipline.  She's back to her "every once in a while testing to see if the rules have changed" self.  Everyone is a much happier camper when privileges and toys have not been removed from daily life.  :)

I am so thankful, even in the tough moments, that I was chosen to be Madeline's Mommy.  She's truly a little gem, and I am enjoying this journey as she leaves toddlerhood and enters "BIG kid world" (as she likes to say). 
Madeline, we love you to pieces, and we are so proud of the little girl you are becoming. 

No comments: