Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 01, 2011

We Feel Festive!

This post is mainly for Nana, so that she can see our new living room furniture! It arrived the day before Thanksgiving, and we couldn't be more pleased with our front living room. Now, of course, we are ready for a rug, lamps, wall hangings, etc., but baby steps! We went for sophisticated which is Stewart code for comfy, but fancier than the den.
This nativity scene was always in my house growing up, so I'm happy my mom passed it onto me. It also happens to be sitting on a piece of furniture that belonged to my mother's parents. I love that I can mix antiques with my own style.

This Santa was a huge hit with the girls. He shakes his booty to the tune of "Jingle Bell Rock". When I was a kid, my Dad always took me Christmas shopping for my Mom. This was one of her presents from me, and now I have it in my house for my girls to enjoy. Love it!

A new tradition for our family this year --- Advent Calendar. I spent an afternoon exploring blogs for ideas when I couldn't come up with anymore of my own. We have a mixture of simple to more involved, and not all of them are set in stone, so I have flexibility to change them around before Madeline pulls the tag out depending on our schedule for that day. The activities are mainly for Madeline since Amelia is so young. Really, this will be the only year that she'll have it all to herself, so I don't mind making her feel like a "big girl" this time around. When I had it all fixed up after Madeline's nap the other day, she was stoked up about the concept. Hopefully her excitement will continue with each day's activities. I know I am excited about doing this with her, and it gives us a chance to be together doing something fun in the afternoons.

Every activity is probably not "blog worthy", but for memory's sake, I'll most likely update our progress on the Advent Calendar.


The Stewart household is decorated, listening to Christmas music regularly, and enjoying the season!

No comments: