Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Wasn't I Just Here?

At the doctor's office, I mean. I went to the hematologist at the end of last week and the OB again yesterday.

Starting with the hematologist --- not good. My platelet count went down over 20,000, so now in addition to going to the OB on a weekly basis, I am now going to see the hematologist weekly. My count dropped to 86,000. If my platelet count continues to drop, I will have to take a steroid to boost my count. (I'm just not a fan of medications during pregnancy regardless of whether the doctor's say it's okay. I'm weird like that.) From what I gathered, that should work. Should being the operative word here. There's nothing I can do from my end (naturally) --- it's not like eating lots of spinach to boost your iron. Right now, it's a wait and see thing, and another doctor's appointment to deal with each week.

The OB appointment went well...weight, blood pressure, baby's heartbeat, measurements, etc. The doctor checked me, and there's nothing going on down there. Based on how everything feels on the inside, the doctor said he feels like I will go to my due date. Frankly, I'm good with that even though I am more than excited to meet our newest daughter. Eric's travel is not set to slow down until the beginning of December. I have some loose ends to tie up regarding "being ready" around the house. I have a haircut scheduled that I'd rather not miss (silly, I know). We have a couple of social events that we'd like to attend. I'd like my platelet count to have some time to naturally boost itself, and of course, we are traveling this year for Thanksgiving; so I'd like little miss to just stay put for a few more weeks to grow and develop as she should.

1 comment:

Kay Days said...

Bummer! Hopefully there was some sort of error and the next time you go back your counts will be high again! (wishful thinking?!?!) 24 days! Woo hoo!