Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 09, 2010

36 Weeks

I'm on the homestretch FOR REAL --- I'm down to the weekly appointments & feeling the "to do" list pressure. However, all is well with Baby Girl and this Mama. I have nothing terribly exciting to report from today's doctor visit. Weight gain, blood pressure, blood work, Baby Girl's heartbeat, and measurements all checked out fine. I return to the hematologist on Friday for a final assessment of my platelet count, so hopefully that will be a non-issue at this point. This sweet baby MOVES like crazy! It's a constant dance party at all hours of the day. My belly is constantly jumping around which has caused many sleepless, uncomfortable nights.

This weekend, Eric and I plan to put the "finishing touches" on the nursery, so things will be just so for the homecoming of Baby Girl. We've ordered a new glider for the nursery, and unfortunately, it won't be in until the beginning of December. It may or may not be here on time, but we're okay with that. It was a last minute decision to order a new chair for Baby Girl since Madeline has claimed 100% ownership of the rocking chair. Big Sister Madeline loves her rocking chair for before bed story time, and we just couldn't take it from her. Not to mention, Baby Sister has lots of hand-me-downs, so the least we could do is get a brand new chair for her nursery. :)

I'm feeling good, tired, but good overall. I'm starting to get those "Bless Your Heart, you are about to pop!" looks from strangers when I'm out and about, and I'm getting lots of those "You are still working out!?!" exclamations from fellow gym rats. A trainer even commented that while I didn't look pregnant from behind, I was starting to get the "pregnant girl waddle". Awesome, thanks for sharing that with me dude. Big belly, sleepy eyes, pregnant girl waddle, & all, I'm still Mommy, wife, and Type A Anne, so the show must go on while we wait on our precious bundle to make her appearance. We're ready for our family of three to be a family of four. I'm pretty sure I overheard Daddy say that he is ready for "all three of his girls" to be snuggled up to him on the sofa. How sweet is that?! And, just for the record, I'm ready for that too.

No comments: