Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Six Month Check-Up

I had my 24 week doctor appointment, and things seem to be moving along well with our little sweetie. I gained some weight (always makes those pesky doctors happy), passed the Glucose screening, and measured right where I should be measuring. Baby Girl's heart rate was strong, and she's been moving around a lot lately. Unfortunately, my platelet count has continued to drop over the course of this pregnancy, so I am having to see a hematologist next week to check things out. My doctor wants to have all his "ducks in a row" in case my platelet count is super low when I go into labor in December. I'm not terribly worried as I've always had issues with my platelet count, and I've even been to an oncologist during college. So, the bottom line is that my doctor just wants to make sure there is an "action plan" in place for a dangerously low platelet count when the time comes to deliver. Other than that little snafu, all is well with the pregnancy and Baby Girl #2.

No comments: