Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Little Anxious

I went to the hematologist this afternoon, and I was a little anxious about the appointment. Sitting in the waiting room filled with obviously very sick patients, mostly cancer patients, ranging from young to old, made me a tiny bit nervous. My "what ifs" had started racing through my mind even though I know I am healthy. Luckily, the doctor I was seeing put my anxiety to rest with his demeanor, his explanation of my blood work, and his thorough exam of me.

My platelet count still reads low (not dangerously low at this point), so I will continue to see him throughout the rest of my pregnancy. As it gets closer to my delivery, my platelets will be monitored, and if I need a boost, then I will be put on a steroid. The worst case scenario is that I wouldn't be able to have an epidural at delivery time. Now, that doesn't make me super happy, but I can live with it. I'm just going to hope that it doesn't come to that. :)

No comments: