Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

And, we're OFF!

That's right, Eric and I are off to the Bahamas --- warm weather, sunshine, water slides, making new friends, Atlantis, poolside beverages, sleeping in past 7 AM, relaxing, and clear blue water. Well, Eric will have a little bit of "work" to attend to, but I will be relaxing at all times with the other wives! A study group, a group of oral surgeons, dentists, etc. that meet to learn about new/latest & greatest in the dental implant/teeth world, uses Eric's products and expert speakers at their meetings. This group takes an annual trip, and Eric is always able to attend. I am lucky enough to be able to attend as well. The boys do actually attend meetings and talk shop for part of the trip!

Last year, they went to a resort in Cancun, but I was unable to go since it was our PACT testing time at school, and I needed to be there for my kids. Plus, I was preggars... Not this year -- I am able to go, and I am EXCITED! We are heading to Jacksonville on Thursday morning and catching our Carnival Fascination for a glorious 3 days with stops at Freeport and Nassau. We will get back to Columbia late Monday night.

Seriously, I only packed for one baby for a few days! Geez, I hope I didn't forget anything!


Miss Madeline will be bunking up with Grandma and Grandpa McCarthy for a week, and I'm sure she will have a blast. I fondly call it "Grandma Boot Camp" because my mom just knows things and has a knack for babies, so she just takes liberties with Madeline and tells me that's what I should be doing. Only a mother and daughter can have that kind of relationship! I love it. I guess that's what being an experienced mom is all about. My mom also works out at Gold's, so that will continue to be part of Madeline's day. I'm sure Grandma has lined up all kinds of "dates" to show Madeline off, and since Madeline plays so well independently, Grandma will be able to do her chores around the house. I have given my mom the go ahead in experimenting with finger foods with Madeline. By the end of "Grandma Boot Camp", Madeline will probably be eating finger foods, drinking out of a sippy cup, and crawling! Maybe she'll cut her second tooth so I don't have to endure that fussiness again! :) Oh, and if she starts to cut that second tooth with the McCarthy Grandparents, you can bet there will be bourbon on the gums! :) What happens in Grandma-Vegas, stays in Grandma-Vegas!

Madeline: "Yes! Going to Grandma's house!"

Grandma has strict orders to keep the camera charged and nearby to capture any and everything! While I will miss my sweet girl, it's time for Mama and Daddy to have some fun together. I'll be back in a week with Bahamas and Madeline pictures! And, yes, I did cry when I left her with my mom! Motherhood has turned me into a sap! :)

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I am SO jealous. Have a great time - and then a little bit more fun for me :)