Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Mother's Day was perfect.  It truly was.  I only wanted three things on this day:  to spend this day as a family, my children to behave ALL DAY, and a cute picture of me with my girls.  Check, check, and check!  Hallelujah! 
 
My sweet husband started my Mother's Day off on Saturday evening when he got home from a business trip.  Eric presented me with my card and all the fixins for a fabulous dirty martini.  Be still my heart.  We grilled salmon and asparagus after the girls went to bed, had a lovely "dinner date" on the porch, and of course a dirty martini. 
 
My hilarious card that is PERFECT for me.  Eric wrote a sweet letter on the inside.
 
After church, we had lunch out at the Wild Wing.  Nothing screams "Happy Mother's Day!" like wings and beer on the outdoor patio!  The girls do really well there, and it wasn't important to me to go anywhere spectacular.  I just didn't want to prepare lunch for anyone, so mission accomplished.  The girls do really well out to eat on a normal basis, but today, they were true angels.  It helped that they were both famished, so they ate and ate.  When they were done, they colored and colored.  After a fun lunch, we headed to Menchies for ice cream.  We snapped a few pictures and back to the house we went.
The epitome of my children - one standing still and smiling & the other one being goofy.  Love them.

Mom and her girls - cute picture even with chocolate ice cream mustaches
 
When we got home, we went for a walk, rode bikes, played on the swing set, took a wagon ride, played in the yard, and relaxed on the back porch.  The weather was perfect - not too hot and humid!  Madeline and Amelia had a blast, and so did I.  It's days like today that make me realize all the day-to-day discipline and teaching is starting to show in the girls' behavior and attitudes.  
 
I am a very blessed woman to have a husband that makes an effort to show me love and appreciation everyday but especially on this day.  I am even more blessed to be the Mommy to these precious little girls.  I can only hope all my fellow Mommy friends and family had a wonderful day as well.

No comments: