Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, 2012

I am just sad.  My SD card failed me some way, somehow.  After the leading up to Christmas pictures, I ran out of space on my normal camera card.  I switched to a "back-up" card for the remainder of the holiday season.  Recently, I went to review all my pictures for printing and posting purposes and got nothing.  NADA.  UGH.  Christmas Eve, Christmas morning, and the day after Christmas celebrating with all of my brothers and sisters-in-law - GONE or never saved in the first place.  Boo.  Major BOO HISS.  Not sure what happened.

I am sad.  BUT, I'm here.  My darling husband is here.  My children are here.  We are all healthy.  Our extended family is here and healthy.  We have a home.  My husband has a job.  We are warm in this wintry mix.  Perspective.  It's okay.  I'm distressed about missing pictures, but in the grand scheme of things, it's ohhh-kay.

But for now I'm a little sad that I lost my sweet girls' Christmas pictures...they LOVED Christmas morning this year.  I captured our Christmas morning so well.  Our girls ate breakfast as usual, as in they had to go to school leave the house at 8:30 AM usual.  They didn't barge into the living room tearing into gifts as we expected.  It's almost like they forgot Santa dropped off a few things.  They wanted to eat breakfast "like normal".  So we did.  It made Eric and I smile that on Christmas morning, our children were more excited to have breakfast with my parents and us before ripping into the loot.  We know that will change as they get older, so we cherished it this year, AND we took pictures to document the sweetness.

Gifts were nothing Earth shattering, but in our world Barbies, books, nail polish, Hungry Hungry Hippos, a doctor's kit, a salon kit, a Melissa and Doug wire shopping cart  filled with food, coloring books, and Barbie DVDs made our world more perfect.  :) 

This is sadly the only picture I have of our Christmas (Santa):  When Eric was travelling, I did some wrapping.  I then laid out the gifts in our loft and snapped a phone pic to text Eric to show him that our children had Santa awaiting - Amelia on the left, Madeline on the right, and the shared gift in the middle.
 
Merry Christmas Eve, Merry Christmas, and Many Blessings in 2013 from our family to yours.


No comments: