Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, July 23, 2012

McCarthy Lake Weekend

Our annual McCarthy Lake Greenwood weekend was this past weekend, and as always, Uncle Greg and Aunt Angela were the perfect hosts for our weekend of shenanigans.  I don't think I'll ever become immune to the fact of how fortunate I am to have such an awesome family.  Yes, we all live differently, raise our children differently, and view the world differently, but the bottom line is that we accept and love one another despite all of our differences.  These McCarthy weekends are becoming more near and dear to my heart as my parents get older, and I am more and more appreciative that my family genuinely wants to spend time together.  We just have fun together eating, laughing, talking, being silly, boating, swimming, joking around, & playing with the kids.  I love that our children can witness how my brothers and I interact as adults.  We love each other immensely, and it shows.  My girls are the littles in the crowd, and both of my brothers look at Eric and I like, "Whew, glad we're past ALL that.", but the aunts, uncles, and older cousins adore my kids, indulge them, and give them their undivided attention.  It's very sweet.  It's awesome really.
Lake time - Amelia's first lake experience

If Madeline could go home with Aunt Kim, she would.  Madeline adores her Aunt Kim.
Greg, Angela, and Drew have this "box thing" that plays music from an ipod, but it also comes with a microphone.  Madeline discovered the microphone.  Need I say more?
Anyone noticing Cousin Drew's hands over his ears?  ha ha!
Madeline STILL on the microphone...and little sis got in on the action.
Not many pictures to document the weekend because I really was unplugged and enjoying our family time.  Good times were had by all!
"Everybody! Everybody! Listen to me!  MY hand is raised!  I'm talking!"
The Stewart crowd is already looking forward to next summer's gathering!

No comments: