Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

13 Months

Amelia celebrated her 13 month-day, and she has had the BEST month! It's been a big month as far as milestones are concerned. She has been happy, playful, and fun!
Her disposition has been so sweet this past month. She loves to sit on the floor and dump out her blocks and put them back in the bucket & repeat over and over. She loves to collect the little people and make little piles all over the place. She has really shown in an interest in board books especially the touch and feel ones. Her attention really only allows for one book reading, but she loves to flip the pages, rub the textures, and point out the different pictures. Amelia seems to be showing interest in what things are by pointing and making a silly high pitched noise. Slowly, but surely, she's realizing there's more to this world than acid reflux, snotty noses, not feeling well, and ear infections! :) Amelia loves music, and that's an understatement of the year. I am not a TV person, but I love to keep music playing around the house and in the car, and she loves it. (Thank goodness for Pandora on my phone!) Amelia hears the music and immediately starts dancing. She car dances, and if I wasn't driving, I would video her. I find myself adjusting my rear view mirror so I can see the road and her. Super cuteness! Bath time is also a favorite time of day for her. She loves to splash, play with the foam letters, and make the letters and fish squeak against the tub.

Amelia celebrated her 13 month by saying her very first word, "UH-OH!" So the "dropsy uh-oh" game has been the semi-annoying trait of the month. I don't mind the dropsy uh-oh game when we're playing, but it's super aggravating in the grocery cart, in the car while I'm driving, or while she's eating! However, my favorite "uh-oh" moments are in the bathtub because she drops all the bath toys out of the tub, and she stands up on the edge looking over repeating "uh-oh" in this distressed tone over and over. Amelia is not walking, but she's walking behind baby strollers very well especially on the carpeted areas. She's started to let go of the furniture she's holding onto, and she can stand for a few seconds, maybe a minute or so, on her own. She LOVES to hold our fingers and make walking laps. I have also noticed a few "climbing" moments throwing a leg up in the toy bin or trying to throw a leg up on the tub's edge. I really hope she loses interest in that climbing thing. However, she has lost interest in the steps, so I guess she accepted her gated access fate.

Her appetite is insane these days...she's an eating machine! Her most recent favorites are blueberry bagels, blueberries, egg & cheese omelet, and Nutella sandwiches. Amelia finally mastered the sippy cup, so she's a milk drinking machine too. She loves milk and really doesn't care for juice, so milk it is. Really icy cold water is also very yummy to her. Her mealtime habits are improving as well. I have been diligently working on her "all done sign" which has evolved into pulling at her bib. While she's still throwing her food on the floor, we're consistently scolding her for this, so it's starting to sink in that's it's a big no ma'am!
Amelia continues to be a great sleeper going down for the night between 6:30-7 PM and waking about 6-7 AM. She's napping pretty well in the afternoons going down about 1:30-2 PM until about 3-4 PM. Just like Madeline, she LOVES her bed, so she'll play in her crib after waking in the mornings or waking in the afternoon for about 45 minutes, sometimes an hour. I love to listen over the monitor talking and giggling. Amelia loves to roll around, "talk", and play with her lovey. Big milestone for Amelia (and Mommy since it's my go to trick): I stopped carrying the lovey and paci with me during the day, and she's addicted to both! It's been a tiny bit hairy at times, but I'm holding my ground on this one. No lovey and paci outside the bed. So she has to get all her paci and lovey time in her bed, and it's gone well overall. I have forced her to drop her morning nap, and she's handling it very well. She's not nearly as fussy and crabby in the mornings while we are out and about. I have also cold turkey dropped the morning bottle, so I think she got thirsty enough to figure out the sippy cup as a result. Like I said, lots of little milestones were accomplished this month.

Amelia only takes medicine for acid reflux, and I'm starting to skip the morning dose to see how she does. Her doctor and I would like for her to be all done with the medicine by 18 months, so I'm dropping the morning dose as a trial for now. So far it seems okay especially since she no longer drinks an 8 ounce bottle of milk in the mornings. We're keeping the evening dose, since she still takes a bottle at nap and before bedtime. Hopefully this will also be a smooth transition for her.


Amelia is really beginning to blossom and show her little personality. While she's not as precocious & happy-go-lucky as Madeline, she very much reminds me of Madeline as a baby. She's silly, giggly, squealy, and very sweet. Amelia can be quite clingy, and she definitely is a Mama's girl. We adore our little Amelia Bedelia and continue to look forward to watching her grow and learn as she becomes a full-fledged toddler!

No comments: