Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, July 18, 2011

A Whole Lotta NO FUN!

Poor Amelia! She still has an ear infection, so we are now on our third 10-day round of antibiotics since June 2nd. Her reflux is acting up in a big way. She sounds like she just might cough up a lung at any given moment, and her nose is running like a faucet. It's a vicious cycle: the congestion makes the reflux worse, the reflux is part of the congestion, cough, & ear infection problem, and her lack of sleep isn't making anything better. The bottom line: Cranky Amelia = Stressed Out, Cranky Mama

I went to the doctor again today, and that patient, kind man just sat and listened to my tirade. At least my tone was very polite. However, I let him know in no uncertain terms that he may have the MD behind his name, but I was the Mama, and my baby is not right. Nor has she been right since this whole reflux thing began around 4 months of age. I told him that he was going to do something to break the cycle, and get my sweet girl healthy because this "wait and see" remedy was NOT working for any of us.

I left a little optimistic as I had a new reflux medicine dosage, another antibiotic, and a script to "maybe help" with the congestion. It may or may not work, but at least I left with something besides the normal Rx: "waiting it out."

1 comment:

Nancy said...

It's no fun when your baby is sick. Hope she's better soon!!