Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Preschool Easter Parade

Madeline's little class had an Easter parade the day before spring break. Each child was to decorate their riding toy, and be prepared to ride it through the courtyard in a parade fashion. One word, "Hilarious!" It was more like bumper cars!

Madeline and I had fun decorating her new pink tricycle. I held the glue steady while she helped me trace the letters out with the glue all the while talking about the letters. So fun to listen to her talk about the letters having sticks and holes and curvy parts. Then my inexperience with preschoolers showed since I foolishly gave her the tube of glitter and said, "Ok, sprinkle the letter I." Whoops, the entire tube of glitter went on the letter I. Lesson learned. So, we traced the words out with glue, Madeline chose the glitter color, and WE gently shook the glitter on the words! She asked for Mommy to make glitter flowers, so I did my best. Finally we wrapped the fuzzy stuff and attached the purple flower to the front. Madeline was all ready to ride in the parade the next day.








Yea, not so much. Madeline does NOT pedal. She sat there blocking traffic all the while yelling, "I need help!" So hilarious. I passed the camera & Amelia off to Daddy and rescued my little non-pedaling-tricked out-pink-tricycle Diva. We knew that was going to happen since she doesn't really "get" pedaling yet, and the facts are Miss Madeline would much rather play with her babies, jewels, and coloring books than pedal her tricycle. We're okay with that, but we do want her to learn how to pedal. She will in her own time and with practice. However, she was super cute in her paper plate bonnet in the parade. The boys were decked out in paper plate bow ties. So cute.
















Mommy and Madeline made several trips around the courtyard before it was time to head home. When Madeline realized that she was not going to ride on anyone else's riding toy, then she was DONE with the whole bonnet, parade, and sunshine thing.


No comments: