Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, March 11, 2011

Amelia is Three Months Old



Amelia, "the wee one", is growing so fast. She's smiling, cooing, starting to let out little laughs, and eating like it's her job! She's adjusted very well to our on-the-go lifestyle, and she's proven to be quite a laid back little lady. Her schedule is pretty predictable right now, and my only complaint is that we can't seem to get her past that 4:30-5 AM wake up call. She is satisfied with not eating until 6 or 6:30 AM, but she still wakes us up at that early hour & goes back to sleep with a little paci action. However, I shouldn't complain because this little bundle of sweetness goes down without so much as a peep! Poor Madeline had to cry it out for what seemed like forever, and Amelia just lays in her crib (with or without paci depending on what strikes her fancy that night), listens to her mobile, and dozes off. It's a beautiful thing, so I really can't complain about her early morning rousing. She's settled into a nice routine --- very much the poster child for the whole "Babywise eat, wake, sleep rule" because that's what she does.


She's eating like crazy these days, and I worry about my supply keeping up with her growth. So far we are doing okay, but I'm certainly not making much extra for the freezer unfortunately. Amelia eats pretty much every three hours during the day with the exception of the middle of the afternoon feeding. Many days, she will nap right through that 3 PM feeding, and I don't have the heart to wake her up to eat. If she's hungry, she wakes up promptly at 2:30 or 3 eager to eat. Her best nap is her afternoon nap since she's out and about with us all morning, so I hate to disrupt that sleep time. She goes down for the night between 6:30 and 7 PM, and like I said wakes sometime between 4-5 AM, but she doesn't eat until 6 or 6:30 AM. Her gassy issues seem to be getting better, and now that she's bigger, she burps really well which helps a lot.

Mid-Coo

Amelia's little smile and coo just get me everytime! I was enamoured with Madeline's smiles and coos, but I think I was too worried about "the schedule" & doing everything just right to actually enjoy some of those moments. With Amelia, I know she's settling into a solid routine, and she'll continue to slide into a good groove, so I am able to relax and enjoy our moments together when she's all smiles and coos. I do enjoy our morning feeding together because it is just us, and I can really focus on her without other interruptions & distractions. It's a sweet time that we share, and I'm doing my best to soak it up.


Amelia is just our little laid back, happy, chubby, and sweet little girl. She loves Madeline, her bouncy seat, her playmat, her mobile, and the swing. She loves to interact, and she just goes with the flow with all of Madeline's antics.

No comments: