Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, March 12, 2010

Tagged

My friend, Nancy, tagged me for this, and what fun! The instructions were to post the tenth picture in my first picture folder. So here is the picture...

Wow, this picture was taken one month before Madeline's birth---July, 2008. Eric and I were at my brother's house --- my oldest brother, Pat, and his wife, Kim, LIVE on their deck in the summertime. They invited us over for cocktails and dinner. Well, I enjoyed ice cold, refreshing tap water while my husband enjoyed cocktails. Kim was so excited to have a niece that she showered me with presents ALL THE TIME. It was pretty awesome!

In this picture, I am opening a sweet little picture frame that she had "stolen" a 3D ultrasound picture from us and framed. I came across that picture and frame in our move, and I just marveled at the fact that our sweet Madeline really did look like that when she was born. Technology is amazing.

I also look back at this picture and am reminded of how easy my pregnancy was --- no sickness ever, no complications, hardly any weight gain (only 15 lbs.), no swelling, easy labor and delivery, no crazy aversions or unusual sensory issues, no nothing, and we were blessed with a beautiful, "easy" child. I think about little Madeline now, and yes, she tests boundaries, but she is just a sweet and easy going as can be. I am also reminded of how I used to get my nails done every two weeks in a French manicure (look closely), and NOW I am lucky to even notice that I have nails. :)

I enjoyed this little "tag" because I ended up looking back through pictures that I had not looked at for the longest time. It was a lovely trip down memory lane.

No comments: