Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Big Girl Shoes

Madeline learned to walk in the perfect season. It was summertime and warm --- perfect for bare feet. (I LOVE baby bare feet.) When she needed shoes at the nurseries, playdates, etc., I used her Robeez. But, with the cooler weather and Madeline's more proficient walking, it was time to put the Robeez away. I was a little sad. Madeline is growing up so fast, but it was really fun to take her to Stride Rite to get her fitted for "real" shoes. She, of course, loved it. The man who helped us made her laugh, and she just loved walking around the store "testing" out different shoes. And, the mirrors at her level were a huge hit. I don't think there was a mirror in the store that didn't have Madeline's lip prints or hand prints on it...yes, she's that vain that she kisses herself! :) Unfortunately, I didn't document the Stride Rite experience, but a few days later, I documented the first time she wore her big girl shoes to the gym! It's amazing what a pair of shoes does to her "look" --- I feel like she looks so toddler-like instead of baby-like in the following picture.

Sporting her new sneakers...Madeline has quite the Fred Flinstone foot (she wears a wide) and she turns her little ankles in a little bit when she walks. (I had no idea how knowledgeable these Stride Rite people are! He informed me about socks, shoes, feet!) So we ended up with shoes different than I had imagined, but they are still cute. You know me, I was looking for something stylish! The lovely man who helped reminded me that Madeline is only one and practical is important! :) So we came home with a casual shoe and a dress shoe, and Madeline seems perfectly comfortable walking in both pair!

No comments: